What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Monday, March 8, 2010

AGP Fades Off Into The Sunset...

It is with regret that I see that AGP is officially closing shop and James Mishler has decided to call it quits. You can read about the announcement HERE.

I think it is a real shame. The material that Mishler has put out was, in my view, top-notch but I think the setbacks it has undergone early on resulted in a fragile foundation to build upon. I like to think that AGP was finally moving ahead and was managing to get some momentum. Truth to tell, I haven't seen the last supplement he has put out (100 Street Vendors) he mentions in his blog... but I'm one of the subsrcibers waiting for a copy. I'm happy to say I own at least one copy of everything AGP has put out, with the exception of the continental map (which I am supposed to get with what now looks to be the last AGP release).

Now, I don't know all the ins and outs of some of the challenges and difficulties he has had to face but I can imagine full well what some of those could be as Arcana Creations is also exposed to some of these issues and concerns. Thankfully, being partnered up with Brave Halfling Publishing has been an extreme blessing and I've had a couple of lucky breaks here and there. So, while it is easy to speculate on what he could have done or should have done to avert this decision, it just isn't that simple.

It is my sincere hope that it won't be long before we see new material by James Mishler in the near future -- even if it isn't through Adventure Games Publishing. I know that I would be happy to help publish some Wilderlands material for C&C through Arcana Creations.

Best of luck James and I'm sorry you've had to make this decision.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment