What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year + Updates...

Well, 2010 is upon us and as is customary, we all wish that 2010 will be a better year than the last.  2009 was a hard year for many though the past decade was difficult for many.  While I can admit that I thought last year was particularly troubling, there were a couple of highlights.  Brave Halfling Publishing continued to grow despite the tough economy and my own design studio was created.  Brave Halfling Publishing published its first Castles & Crusades module this past year and, we released it into regular distribution late in 2009.  These were the necessary steps that were taken in order to grow and 2010 should be an exiting one for both Arcana Creations and Brave Halfling Publishing.

I continue to get some support with regards to my cat and while the healing process is longer than I would like, she continues to visibly improve.  I finally have the first batch of the sale/fundraiser set up which you can find HERE.  I tried to price them as fairly as I could based on market value and I think the prices are good.  The one thing that some people might hesitate with is the shipping.  Since everything would ship from Canada (and there is no flat-rate media shipping like the States), it'll be a few dollars more than shipping within the US.  If you see something, email me, and I'll try and get a quote as fast as I can.  The good news is that even surface shipping will take less than 2 weeks to get to its destination.

Anyway, these days I'm tying up a few loose ends and I'm trying to get ahead with a few of the upcoming publications due out in early 2010.  These include a module entitled 'Trick on the Tain' as well as 'Victorious'.

Brave Halfling Publishing is also keeping busy and has announced a pre-order for the 'Swords & Wizardry Whitebox' -- this is looking VERY sharp and I encourage any of you who are interested to order a copy.  From the sounds of it, I don't think there has been as much excitement for this sort of boxset since Troll Lord Games released their own C&C white box as a 'proof of concept'.  Keep in mind that TLG did it before there was anything recognized as an 'Old School Renaissance' community.  In short, if you like the notion of an older style of play that captures the original D&D material, or another great rules-lite game, you really can't go wrong with the treatment that BHP is giving this set.  You can read about the announcement HERE.

Anyway, I have a bunch of work I need to get to on the first day of the new year.  To all of you... I wish you a prosperous 2010!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment